Monday, July 20, 2009

Back on the Road Again


The blog is back up and running. After completing the Disney Marathon in January and the Mardi Gras Half in February I am starting the training back up for the innaugural Mardi Gras Rock & Roll Marathon next February. As soon as my training data is imported from CoolRunning.com I will updated the training mileage.


The body is approaching 40 and cannot take the pounding it once did. I have tried a few times over the past couple of months to get back with it but have struggled with injuries. Finally after two cortisone shots and a prescription of Mobic I think we are ready to get this
party started.


Yesterday I bought a new pair of $15.00 socks - Under Armour Running "Draft. The Under Armour ® HeatGear ® Draft Running Socks, feature ''no-show'' construction for minimal bulk and coverage. Showcasing an anatomical fit, each Draft Sock is marked ''L'' or ''R'' to designate the appropriate foot for use, helping to prevent bunching and sliding and reducing the formation of blisters. Engineered for total performance, the 3262 Draft Running Socks showcase signature Under Armour ® moisture transport and Odor-Control technology to guarantee freshness and combat the growth of odor causing bacteria. Strategic cushioning protects the high impact areas encountered by true pavement pounders, while seamless toe construction delivers superior comfort and reduced irritation.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Never seen anyone so excited about socks. Well, I guess I was pretty excited at one time about some knits socks someone was making me. I guess those are in Texas right now!!! Ha!